Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Scorpio Digital (‘company’, ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Who will you information be shared with?
- Do we use Google Maps?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address and contact information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the site or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data – We collect your first name and last name, email address, potentially address including postal code, phone number and other similar contact data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information, such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purpose based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (‘Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (‘contractual’), with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (‘legal reasons’). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications – We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the ‘what are your privacy rights’ below)
- To send administrative information to you – We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies
- To post testimonials – We post testimonials on our site that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain.your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial, location and contact information
- Administer prize draws and competitions – We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions
- Request feedback – We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our sites
- To protect our site – We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention)
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm – If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond
- For other business purposes – We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our sites, products, services, marketing and your experience
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose
- Legitimate interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests
- Performance of a contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract
- Legal obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements)
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the site, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes
- Business transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorised each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, direct marketing and lead generation: HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Lead Management, Google Ads, Facebook Audience Network, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Affiliate marketing programs:
- Communicate and chat with users: Facebook Customer Chat and HubSpot Email
- Content optimisation: Google Site Search, Google Fonts and YouTube Video Embed
- Data backup and security: Website monitoring
- Retargeting platforms: Google Ads Remarketing, Google Analytics Remarketing, Facebook Custom Audience, Facebook Remarketing, YouTube and LinkedIn Website Retargeting
- Social media sharing and advertising: Facebook advertising, Facebook social plugins, Instagram advertising, LinkedIn advertising, LinkedIn social plugins and YouTube social plugins
- Web and mobile analytics: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar and HubSpot Analytics
- Website hosting: One.com
- Website performance monitoring: WordPress website monitoring
- Website testing: Google Website Optimiser
6. Do we use Google Maps?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
This website, mobile application, or Facebook application uses Google Maps APIs. By using our Maps API implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s terms of service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at anytime. We use information about location in conjunction with data from other data providers.
7. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of ages has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under 18, please contact us as email@example.com.
10. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In some regions such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request please contact us. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Cookies and similar technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our site.
11. Controls for do-not-track features
12. Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
13. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org